Laser Fraxel Dual
Fraxel is the leader of laser beam technology.
The beam is dispersed into many thinner beams preventing 100 % impact on skin surface, allowing areas of healthy skin to be left alone.
The laser Fraxel Dual is able to target 5 to 50% of the skin surface.
This has several advantages:
- adapts to the patient skin phototype
- safely treats all areas: is able to treat more delicate areas like the neck, neckline and hands.
- There is no down time or medical intervention needed after treatment since the entire area is not treated, allowing a quicker healing process.
Dual laser works quickly treating the three components of sun damage: pigmentation, texture and actinic keratosis.
The indications are:
- Resurfacing, Skin rejuvenation: treatment of wrinkles and fine lines or photodamage
- Pigmentation: skin spots (sun spots), large pores, melasma (pregnancy mask)
- Revitalizing Skin
- Treatment of Acne scars
- Treatment of surgical scars ; treating after an operation and removal of suture
- Reducing red and white stretch marks
Fraxel Laser Scar Treatment Video:
Fraxel laser skin resurfacing
Resurfacing or rejuvenation by laser is a remarkable technique which, through intense stimulation of the skin, makes it possible to obtain a modification of the texture and to partially erase the marks of time. Among the many rejuvenation methods, the laser is becoming the reference method against skin aging.
Thanks to the Fraxel Dual laser, we resurrect the skin according to the treatment parameters (power, depth, etc.) predefined before each session and which will vary as we progress in the treatment plan.
The action of the laser is twofold:
- on the one hand on the surface where the innovative Fractionné system of Fraxel allows a gentle renewal of the epidermis. The laser will indeed leave intervals of healthy skin between its impacts allowing the absence of social eviction and an ultra rapid regeneration of the tissues.
- on the other hand a deep thermal stimulation of the collagen which is renewed. This new collagen will fill the hollows of wrinkles and heat also induces changes in the functioning of the sebaceous glands The renewed epidermis brings spectacular and natural rejuvenation by finding young and toned skin in 3 to 5 sessions spaced 15 days to a month apart.
The result is a complete regeneration of the epidermis giving it a smoother appearance and a densification of its supporting tissue which will give a toning of the skin. Thus wrinkles will also be reduced.
Indications for Fraxel laser rejuvenation
Cette technique est proposée dès l'apparition des premiers signes de vieillissement cutané, habituellement à partir de 40-50 ans. L' aspect de pores dilatés sera lui aussi traité. La localisation des rides péribuccales constitue également une excellente indication de cette méthode de traitement.
The course of the session
An anhydrous local anesthetic cream is placed by us one hour before the session. During the session the laser will scan the area to be treated 4 to 8 times. The number of passages will depend on the indication and the texture of the skin.
The aftermath of the session
The skin is red like a sunburn for 2 to 3 days. A moisturizer is enough to calm the skin irritation. Makeup is possible.
Sun protection is necessary for the following 15 days.
The best result is obtained by carrying out 4 to 5 sessions spaced from 15 days to about a month. The result begins to be significant from the second session and will improve over the sessions as the new collagen is reformed and the epidermis is renewed. To maintain the result, it will be interesting to carry out an annual session.
Treatment of pigment spots with the Fraxel laser
Most brown spots present on the skin on the face or body are one of the preferred indications for Fraxel Laser. Most often these are superficial pigment spots induced by the sun (sun spots). Classic examples are dark spots on the face, neckline or back of the hands.
When exposed to the sun, the skin produces a protective film through melanocytes which produce the pigment melanin. Unfortunately this pigment sometimes no longer disappears when the tan disappears and these brown skin spots remain.
The interest of the Fraxel Dual Laser is to specifically destroy the melanin pigment without damaging the surrounding tissues. Before disappearing, the stain will darken for a few days while the pigment rises to the surface and then peels off. The whole process takes 4-5 days.
The laser treatment of pigment spots is the most effective compared to other techniques (abrasion, peeling, depigmenting creams, liquid nitrogen), because it preserves the surrounding tissues, and where the consequences are slight.
In general, 1 or even 2 sessions are necessary depending on the number of lesions to be treated.
- no tanning by sun exposure or UV rays, during the days preceding the session,
- do not expose yourself to the sun during the following month. The application of sunscreen is desirable for 2 or 3 months, to avoid recurrences,
- no self-tanning or photo-sensitizing treatment the previous days,
- in principle, brown spots are not treated during pregnancy.